Mail Roll (referred to as "we" throughout this policy) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and keeping personal information secure. This policy applies to our email sending service, and to our associated websites. Those websites are mailroll.app (and its subdomains). All of these websites are referred to as ‘our website’ in this policy.
- details of the personal information that we may collect from you.
- information about how we use your personal information.
- information about the limited way we share your information with our partners.
- information about how we store your information.
- information about your rights.
2. Who is this policy addressed to?
When we refer in this policy to ‘you’, we are referring to a customer of our services, or a person visiting our website. We are not referring to a person receiving an email sent by a customer using our service, or a person on a mailing list maintained by one of our customers. We refer to those people in this policy as ‘Contacts’. We do not have any relationship with Contacts, and process information relating to them solely for the purposes of providing our service to our customers. When we refer to a ‘marketing list’ in this policy, we are referring to details of Contacts (including their email addresses) processed by us on your behalf to provide you with our Mail Roll service.
If you are a Contact and wish to cease receiving emails from one of our customers, please unsubscribe directly using the unsubscribe link in the customer’s email message, or contact the customer directly.
3. Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide to us. You may give us your information by filling in forms on our website or by corresponding with us by email, live chat, phone or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our service, respond to any surveys that we send to you to complete, and when you contact us for any reason. When you register for our service we will collect your username, email, password, your business category, AWS access keys and your IP address. If you contact us, we may keep a record of any information contained in the correspondence.
- With regard to each of your visits to our website, we will collect your IP address. This information is used for fraud and abuse detection.
- We also collect data from you for the purposes of retargeting – see the ‘Retargeting’ section below.
4. How we use your personal information
We use information held about you for the following purposes:
- to provide you with information or services that you request from us, including responding to any requests for assistance with the service.
- to send you newsletters about our service and notify you about any changes to the service.
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting.
- to help optimise and develop our service, for example through statistical analysis and research on your use of our service.
- as part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure and to monitor actual or suspected fraudulent activity.
- and to carry out retargeting advertising.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be carried out by Stripe over encrypted connections using SSL technology.
We take security very seriously, and ‘privacy by design’ is baked into our engineering and product development principles but as with any online service, despite our use of leading security tools and techniques, the personal data we hold about you can never be 100% immune from unauthorised access.
7. Our contact details
We welcome your feedback and questions. If you wish to contact us, please send an email to [email protected]